I, Tora Athene, Principal Tarot Reader for Pagan Muses, believe that tarot reading is a great honor. Though it can be fun, it is something that I take very seriously. I do not claim to be a Psychic or a Medium, nor do I claim to predict the future. My words serve as insight into the possibilities and probable outcomes that can be interpreted however the Querent chooses. Nothing said during a reading is final, nothing is set in stone.
The Querent is the one who is ultimately responsible for his/her actions and life choices. Therefore, it is the Querent who shapes his/her future.
As a Tarot Reader, a Consultant, I am here to help you, to provide you with guidance. I am not here to judge you or to dictate what you should do next. I can only offer my opinion and advice.
Code of Ethics
- I will serve the best interests of my clients. And as such, I will conduct my professional activities without causing or intending to cause harm.
- I will remain professional and objective throughout the engagement.
- I will treat all of my clients with equal respect, regardless of their origin, race, religion, gender, age, or sexual preference.
- I will keep confidential the names of my clients and all information shared and/or discussed during reading sessions, unless otherwise requested by the client or required by a court of law. Please be advised that there are circumstances where I would be legally obligated to report to the relevant authorities. These circumstances include, but are not limited to: a client intending to inflict self-harm, the client intends to harm others, or the client has committed a crime.
- I will recommend that clients consult with a licensed professional with respect to seeking advice of a legal, medical, or psychological nature that I am not qualified to provide.
- I will ensure my clients understand that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.
- All fees will be discussed with my clients in advance. Should a client wish to proceed beyond the session or arrangement originally agreed upon, all additional fees will be discussed and agreed upon by both parties prior to proceeding.
- I will respect my clients’ right to refuse or terminate their reading, regardless of prior consent. However, I do ask that clients honor the Pagan Muses Policy regarding the cancellation and/or rescheduling of reading sessions and event bookings.
- I will not knowingly read for anyone under the age of eighteen (18).
- I will not take part in third-party readings. In other words, I will not do a reading for someone the Querent does not have a direct relationship with.